News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sticker help

Started by selfdestroyer, April 29, 2013, 08:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

My wife just picked me up some Avery clear sticker sheets and I am trying to figure out the best way to utilize them. I am having a hard time figuring out how to cut the round corners properly. Any tips out there for doing so.

All in all I just want to try this method and see how the outcome is since I still may try water slide again. I had a bad time with the water slides I did a few months back.

Thoughts?

GermanCdn

Couldn't you leave the corners square until you've got it applied and the trim them round with an Xacto knife or a sharp pair of scissors?  It's what I do for duct tape finishes to keep there from being too much of a build up on the edges.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

I just use smaller scissors and cut carefully and slowly. No good tips unfortunately. I haven't seen clear though, sounds like I need to.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 29, 2013, 08:34:01 PM
Couldn't you leave the corners square until you've got it applied and the trim them round with an Xacto knife or a sharp pair of scissors?  It's what I do for duct tape finishes to keep there from being too much of a build up on the edges.

I will try that.. I only have 2 1590B's left so I really wanted to make them count. I HATE paint and labeling a enclosure and I mess up on it and need to re-sand.

Quote from: jimilee on April 29, 2013, 09:04:34 PM
I just use smaller scissors and cut carefully and slowly. No good tips unfortunately. I haven't seen clear though, sounds like I need to.

thanks I will see what I have as far as small scissors.

Thanks

GermanCdn

If you've got a sporting goods store around, the best kind of scissors to get are fly tying scissors.  Wicked sharp and small.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

I have a 5 year old and 11 year old, that's why I got small scissors. Also, I don't trust me with sharp objects.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AllenM

I bought one of these from a hobby shop...

http://www2.fiskars.com/Crafting/Products/Corner-Punches/Round-Medium-Corner-Lever-Punch

perfect for corners and no chance of cutting yourself!

AllenM

selfdestroyer

Quote from: AllenM on April 30, 2013, 05:20:30 AM
I bought one of these from a hobby shop...

http://www2.fiskars.com/Crafting/Products/Corner-Punches/Round-Medium-Corner-Lever-Punch

perfect for corners and no chance of cutting yourself!

AllenM

Oh hell yes! that is perfect. Back to Joann's store to pick one of these up. Thanks AllenM