News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking - tone pot stopped working

Started by G.G., February 03, 2012, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Hey gang,

I finally got my Sunking wired up and it seemed to be working correctly.  Then I got the bright idea that I wanted to change C15 to an 8n2 and now my tone pot has become nonfunctional.  It looks like in the the process of monkeying around I may have lifted the pad (at work and need a magnifier to see for sure), possibly breaking the trace where C15 connect to R21 and R22.  Would breaking that trace be causing the problem or is it more likely somewhere else?

thanks!
Gray

jkokura

yes, it could have caused the problem. Are you working on an etched board or a manufactured one? In either case, you can use a cuttoff part lead to help you create a jumper to make sure your parts are connected properly. Make sure to carefully use the documentation and schematic to verify that the parts you are connecting are in fact supposed to be connected.

Also, a basic way to test this is to use a multi meter in continuity mode and touch the leads of the parts that should be connected. If your meter beeps, you're fine. If it doesn't, you've found your problem.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

G.G.

thanks Jacob!  The board is one of the red fabbed ones.  I hope that's all it is and that it's an easy fix.

thanks again!
Gray