News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2-in-1 Suggestions?

Started by thetrend77, January 19, 2012, 07:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

Quote from: the3secondrule on January 19, 2012, 08:51:40 PMA rat and a hotcake make a pretty killer combination...

Well, when I first started thinking of doing this, I was thinking of doing some sort of Blues Breaker circuit into a Crunch Box. Then I found the Plexidrive vero and saw how easy that was to make.

How does the Hotcake sound? For the light OD side, I'm looking for something that's pretty transparent with no mid-hump.

As of right now, my drive section on my board is a Sunking, Timmy clone, and a Sparkle Drive, if that helps with anyone's suggestions.

thetrend77

Well after watching videos, I'm like 80% sure I'm gonna do a Hot Cake/Plexidrive 2-in-1. Now I just need to find a Hot Cake vero layout...

ckim715

I'm thinking about doing a compressor-fat pants 2 in 1...
-Charlie

the3secondrule

Quote from: thetrend77 on January 19, 2012, 11:23:56 PM
Well after watching videos, I'm like 80% sure I'm gonna do a Hot Cake/Plexidrive 2-in-1. Now I just need to find a Hot Cake vero layout...

I've built this one a few times:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/ulysses/ulysses_layouts/77OldCake/ulysses_77_oldcake_1_01.gif.html
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

thetrend77

Quote from: the3secondrule on January 20, 2012, 07:47:25 PM
Quote from: thetrend77 on January 19, 2012, 11:23:56 PM

I've built this one a few times:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/ulysses/ulysses_layouts/77OldCake/ulysses_77_oldcake_1_01.gif.html

Is that supposed to be a Hot Cake?

the3secondrule

it is indeed. there have been a few different iterations to the hotcake, and the earlier ones ('77) are my faves.

J
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

thetrend77

Do you have any demos of it?