News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Source for bent pcb mount pots?

Started by add4, January 12, 2012, 08:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add4

Hey,
I'm looking for a reasonably priced source for pcb mount pots with bent legs.
http://www.musikding.de/popup_image.php/pID/1290/imgID/0
i can obviously find them on the musikding website since that picture comes from there but they are worth 1.3euro= 1.65$ for one pot . i find that too expensive when you know you can have alpha pots for 0.5 0.6$ a piece at tayda.

Where do you buy yours? (european/low priced shipping costs sites preferred obviously :) )

LaceSensor

GermanCdn

add4,

For European priced parts, banzaimusic is better for pots, ICs, and transistors, musikding is better for caps, resistors, and pretty much everything else (they have ridiculously good prices on most small stuff, the only way to do better is if you order in bulk from China, and even then, it's not that huge a savings).  That being said, shipping is higher from Banzai than from musikding, so unless you've got a 60 Euro plus parts order, it's not worth splitting.  Bent leg pots from Banzai are 1,25 Euro each, solder lug are 1,15.  When I am just ordering a couple of pots, I generally order from banzai (I currently am in Germany on contract).

Typically, I order all my parts in big orders, and when I do, I order them from pedalpartsplus.  My most recent order, which should be here in the next few days, consists of 18 custom painted enclosures, 40 pots ($1.00US each), and 36 knobs, and the whole order with shipping came in at about $280, which works out to about $15 a pedal, or 12 Euro per pedal.  I find this is the most cost effective way to go (order in volume), as I have found that while small parts are well priced in Europe, enclosures, pots, and knobs are way overpriced.

So, in short, small orders - banzai or musikding, big orders PPP.

Also, the paint job on the enclosures from PPP is far better than that of the enclosures offered from musikding, banzai, or clonewerk.  And it doesn't melt when you drill it.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

add4

raulduke

I have had good experiences with both banzai and musikding.

I've never tried PPP as I am worried I will get stung for import duty if I buy from them (I have been caught out before with orders from the US).

It might be worth seeing if Doctor Tweek would be up for stocking them; I'm sure plenty of people in the EU would buy from him as his prices are usually really good?

marmaliser

Quote from: raulduke on January 12, 2012, 10:25:41 AM
It might be worth seeing if Doctor Tweek would be up for stocking them; I'm sure plenty of people in the EU would buy from him as his prices are usually really good?
I asked Steve a while back and he said no because of the large number of values he would need stock.

GermanCdn

You will get stung for the VAT on orders from PPP, but on a $300 order it's about 25 Euro, which still brings the price in much lower than what's available from the EU, and you can get nice colours, as opposed to have to pick between white, black, red, and green.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.