News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

it tastes like ...burning

Started by jessenator, May 18, 2023, 11:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Quote from: Aleph Null on September 01, 2024, 03:42:40 PMLooking good! What CAD software did you use to make the PCB art?
This one is a direct copy from what I could find of pics online done in illustrator, with some CAD part exports to make sure pad sizes and spacing on the 8-DIP 5532 (and a few other parts) was correct—everything else was basically standing on-end, so it was just cut and past.

I also did a recreation of it in Eagle, which isn't as neat as replicating a hand-drawn etch. At least back then you did it at like 10x magnification and then shrunk it down to fit the board. I couldn't draw that minutely like folks who do intaglio for currency do.

Eagle version:
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

jessenator

Been tweaking the single-sided version of the Weener Wah I've cooked up, calling it the Weener XXL

Now that I've got an actual wah shell I can take measurements. Added back in the spring bolt/lug hole and good thing, too. The 2016 WW doesn't go down that far it looks like.

jessenator

I ask myself, "where has all my downtime gone?" and then I remember how much I've been obsessing over this.

Of course a rookie mistake was made, but thankfully it wasn't etched

Top one was good

But less than perfect; no idea how I missed this, but whatever, I'll make it work at this point :P