News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Lumitron

Started by gordo, September 24, 2023, 02:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

The Aion Lumitron aims to capture the essence of the magical Mu-tron III in a 125b sized package.  Let me just say this thing sounds damn good and is the least fiddly Mu-tron variant I can recall.  Like...you can't get a bad sound out of this thing.  I used the Vactrols that Aion is selling.  Easy build with a "this or this" trimpot that wasn't at all difficult to get dialed in.

If there was ever a "New Bohemians" in a box, this is it.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

nzCdog

Your build looks sweet! Gotta check out a demo of this project :)

gordo

Thanks.  My usual "simple is better" ethos generally has the Flunkee as my go to.  I burned out on trying to get the Lovetone variations to work in a repeatable fashion.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aleph Null

Graphics and guts both look nice!

An "ugly proof" filter sounds nice. I generally like more options, except when it comes to auto-wah and compression.

Bio77

That look sweet, Gordo!  8)  Dig the enclosure treatment, and a clean white PCB is not easy to pull off.

blackhatboojum

Hot damn Gordo!  That's good looking build.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Thewintersoldier

Super clean work Gordo. I have my naughty fish but it has side jacks...😩
Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

Lovely! I love the vintage Mu-Tron graphic design.

Visual Guy

@gordo - I sent you a PM about this. I just joined the forum to contact you about it. Sorry for being so new and reviving a dead thread.

I am on TGP/TDPRI/Z-Talk as Visual Guy. In case you need to verify me.

youtube.com/visualguy

jimilee

Quote from: Visual Guy on August 03, 2024, 01:51:33 AM@gordo - I sent you a PM about this. I just joined the forum to contact you about it. Sorry for being so new and reviving a dead thread.

I am on TGP/TDPRI/Z-Talk as Visual Guy. In case you need to verify me.

youtube.com/visualguy
He comes and goes as he gets busy at home. He'll come around eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.