News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple recent builds

Started by Jay, June 05, 2024, 10:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

I've been playing around with UV prints and have been learning a bunch about that side of the hobby. Really enjoying it so far.

The most recent is from aion fix and with the help of a forum member here I got it up and running today. It's their megalith which is a box of rock and a distortron in a single box. Has switchable gain levels and a sub control (low frequency manipulation) and an internal order switch for boost before or after distortion. Pretty cool pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jay

The second build is a Benson preamp clone from pedal pcb. Pretty straightforward no frills and really nice sounding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gordo

Very classy looking builds there Jay.  Glad you got the Mega straightened out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jessenator

jimilee

Oh that's very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

movinginslomo

what is the process? It involves a UV light somehow?

jessenator

Quote from: movinginslomo on June 15, 2024, 01:31:44 AMwhat is the process? It involves a UV light somehow?

UV cures the ink quickly which, in some applications, can make for some cool stacking/texturing effects. It also enables printing on various non-flat surfaces.

Tayda offers a more simple service: white underlay layer (for printing onto dark enclosures), a color layer, and a varnish layer with either gloss or matte finish (they call it a "gloss" layer with "varnish" or "matte" finish for some reason).

Here's their page, which can be ...difficult to read, as there's a lot of text.

It can be difficult to set up the file (they have very specific requirements to—at least I'm assuming based on my print design experience—to streamline the pre-press process, so they ask for it only one way). Although there are a number of tutorials out there to get it to work with Inkscape or Affinity Designer.

movinginslomo

Quote from: jessenator on June 15, 2024, 05:41:54 AM
Quote from: movinginslomo on June 15, 2024, 01:31:44 AMwhat is the process? It involves a UV light somehow?

UV cures the ink quickly which, in some applications, can make for some cool stacking/texturing effects. It also enables printing on various non-flat surfaces.

Tayda offers a more simple service: white underlay layer (for printing onto dark enclosures), a color layer, and a varnish layer with either gloss or matte finish (they call it a "gloss" layer with "varnish" or "matte" finish for some reason).

Here's their page, which can be ...difficult to read, as there's a lot of text.

It can be difficult to set up the file (they have very specific requirements to—at least I'm assuming based on my print design experience—to streamline the pre-press process, so they ask for it only one way). Although there are a number of tutorials out there to get it to work with Inkscape or Affinity Designer.

ah.. interesting...

Bio77

Great builds.  Well done!  8)