News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Fraudhacker build

Started by Thewintersoldier, May 28, 2024, 01:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

A double feature. I have been sitting on these boards since last summer with the plans to build them. I ordered the enclosures last fall. All the parts set aside since September. I finally got around to it. I have built both of these before but was tired of having to choose which one would be for bass or guitar so I now have one of each for my guitar and bass boards. LFG

The only real difference between the two circuits is the BBD IC. The Bf-2 uses the MN3207 and the HF-2 uses the MN3204. The 3204 has half the delay stages and therefore shifts the modulated frequencies higher and leaving lower frequencies unmodulated. This gives the HF-2 a more hifi integrated sound, and closer to a Mistress.

Both builds are built on the Brian's fraudhacker boards and are super quiet. For enclosures I used tayda 1590BB2 boxes with UV prints. Shout-out to Stompboxparts for always having me covered with ICs and my favorite 3pdt switches. For my video comparison I didn't want to just repost my old video and it gave me a chance to take my new interface for a test drive since my old one decided to take a shit after just over 2 years. Should you have the opportunity to find a mn3204 jump on it because the HF-2 should be built.
Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

zombie_rock123

Amazing looking builds mate, and you're spot on about the HF sounding hifi, love the shootout.

Someone send that video to Xvive as justification for remaking the chips, stat!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jessenator

I saw the PPCB forum post title, then the pedal featured characters and thought, "huh, today I learned Jake Gyllenhaal is a milf."

jwin615

Quote from: jessenator on May 28, 2024, 10:18:28 PMI saw the PPCB forum post title, then the pedal featured characters and thought, "huh, today I learned Jake Gyllenhaal is a milf."
Only through 7 degrees of Marisa Tomei

Thewintersoldier

Damn, if y'all don't like my builds you could just not comment like everyone else guess I'll just stop posting here again

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

jwin615

I can't tell who can't tell who's joking?
Lovely builds as ever Chris. Not quite Aunt Marissa Tomei May level though.  ;D jk
See, this was humor involving MILF(langer)s and it's cannon!
I'm here all week.