News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal JHS Moonshine v2 - Help me

Started by Menotti, September 24, 2023, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menotti

Olá amigos, alguém já fez o pedal JHS moonshine v2?

Eu fiz, mas estou tendo alguns problemas com isso. O som está tocando, mas quando o som para, um apito soa ao fundo.

Verifiquei tudo, mas não consigo encontrar o problema. Alguém para me dar uma luz?

jimilee

Check your off board wiring, it sounds like your in and out are crossed. Is it an actual JHS pedal?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mauman

In some recent posts at Dirtbox Layouts, someone (maybe you?) said they had a similar problem, and IC3 (the charge pump) got hot.  If that's you, the 7660S could have been damaged, making it whistle.  You can check whether the whistle is coming from the charge pump by using an audio probe (go to https://aronnelson.com/diywiki/index.php?title=Debugging for instructions if you don't have one.)  If that's the source of the whistle, I would replace the 7660S (IC3) with a new one.   If that doesn't fix it, you can filter the charge pump DC output to prevent any noise from reaching the signal path, let us know if you need help with that.

Menotti

hello.  Yes, it was me.

I'm going to buy a new 7660S today as a replacement.  I'll comment later here if it worked.

Thanks for the tip about the audio probe, it will be very useful.