News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

P.O.W.-Boss Power Driver

Started by Thewintersoldier, June 19, 2023, 09:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I don't know if anyone actually reads these or finds them helpful but hopefully someone does. I'm going thru the backlog of finished projects and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So here is the PW-2 power driver. I consider this as Boss's response to the DOD grunge, even down to the silly EQ labels. Ironically Boss felt the need for a "grunge" pedal when they already had the market dominated with the OG grunge pedals-the DS-1 and DS-2. The only board available at this time is by DEFX and I ordered one and was reminded why I hate their boards, so I asked @dan.schumaker to make me one. Hence the P.O.W. was born.

It's been mentioned by a YouTube channel that this is the Boss Big Muff. While I do see some similarities in tone I wouldn't call it a big muff, it's way more versatile imo. It has a gyrator control like the HM-2, and unlike a BM, it has plenty of mids. Plenty of volume and gain on tap I can use this for lots of tones and not just those really saturated ones. In the sound clip I showed off a kind of muff sound for context.

Grey Tayda enclosure and UV print. Went with Bucky on this one, TWS was the reason I wanted to call it the P.O.W. and it looks as mean as it sounds. Clean layout from Dan. Another rare hidden gem, build one if you can.

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Very cool. Ironically, I read them. They are particularly handy for pedals I've never heard, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

MMM yeah, I'm diggin it. Solid work!

WonkoTheSane

Nice and clean as always.

I read them too.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

zombie_rock123

Always find them helpful and enjoyable. Like random paragraphs in a build doc it's always a great read!

This one looks fit as, and sounds crackin! Never heard of this beast before but I now need one haha.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/