Main Menu

Panning delay?

Started by LaceSensor, June 08, 2023, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

HI

Doesnt need to be a DIY project
Wondering if anyone knows of a pedal that does stereo delay auto-pan
This is not ping pong (which is just back and forth at a set "width" between two amps) but a gradual rotary panning across the stereo field?

I have a little fender mustang headphone amp thing that has this effect and I think its awesome. Would like to know if any pedals do it?

Cheers

jwin615

Peavey deltastomp has an awesome rotary emu. It's a leslie emu. So you have speed and horn speed.
Iirc it's mono in, stereo out though.
Edit for mistypes and to note I completely misread your question. The peavey is a solid rotary emu though. And an exp pedal can control the "hf horn" speed. Fwiw, I think the deltastomp accepts trs input as well.
Otherwise, check the ibanez dpl-10?

LaceSensor

appreciate the effort but thats just a stereo pan as in ping pong, not a LFO / rotary delay

madbean

It would be pretty easy to do with an FV-1 with a stereo output setup. I think I may have worked on that idea already with the stereo FV-1 project I had cooking but I haven't looked at it in a long time.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on June 09, 2023, 10:49:35 PM
It would be pretty easy to do with an FV-1 with a stereo output setup. I think I may have worked on that idea already with the stereo FV-1 project I had cooking but I haven't looked at it in a long time.
There needs to be two of you. School is out, put those girls to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on June 10, 2023, 12:26:16 AM
Quote from: madbean on June 09, 2023, 10:49:35 PM
There needs to be two of you. School is out, put those girls to work.

No doubt. Not to turn this into "here's madbeanpedals offering a future yet undetermined solution to your request" but in addition to a sometime-future stereo FV-1 project I also already have in hand a prototype for a stereo ElectroSmith Daisy project. It's just waiting to get built. I think this format could work for a cool panning delay.

If you want to go old school you could even turn an analog delay into such a thing. You'd have to use "fake stereo" (IOW, second output with 180 phase shift) then implement an LFO with a volume panner with LED/LDRs. This is something I looked into a while back but the problem I ran into is to get a good panner you need do be able to precisely control the crossover between the outputs (so they overlap somewhat to make it sound natural). That's not the easiest thing to do with a simple LFO. I kinda found a solution but I'd have to look again to see what it was. I think it was like a 3 hour breadboarding session, haha.

jimilee

Ha, sounds easy when you put it that way.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

I really like the Daisy Seed and what's it's capable of.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

LaceSensor

ok this is exciting then. Watch this space I guess