News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Current Lover 2023 R20 BOM discrepancy

Started by The Gator, June 10, 2023, 07:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gator

I noticed that on the values page, R20 is listed as 100R. On the schematic and the component pages it shows it as 470R. which one is correct? I kind of assume the schematic is, but I wanted to check with the Madbean community as this is my first madbean circuit board build.
thank you for your time and help
~ Gator 

madbean

It should be 100R. But, either value is actually fine there. A small current limiting resistor at the output of an amplifier or buffer is very common but the value itself isn't too critical as long as you keep it at or below 1k.

jwin615

Brian's photo of his build has a 470R.
It will make little difference. 100R may give a slightly louder max output.
May have been a last minute alteration due to just that. Maybe Bean will chime in.
Edit -beat me to it. :)

The Gator

Ok thank you very much. First time with one of your boards. I like the info you put together. The shopping list is great. I am excited to get this one fired up!

madbean

Quote from: jwin615 on June 10, 2023, 08:45:49 PM
Brian's photo of his build has a 470R.
It will make little difference. 100R may give a slightly louder max output.
May have been a last minute alteration due to just that. Maybe Bean will chime in.
Edit -beat me to it. :)

I think it was a last minute change after I built mine but I don't remember why. Probably just decided to go with the standard TS9 output pair. Since there is an active volume control it won't matter either way.