News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

999 Chorus (bio77 CS-9)

Started by Bret608, May 02, 2023, 01:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

So I'm super excited about this build as I've been after a CS-9 for a long time. It's the chorus that a number of my favorite guitarists have used over the years (mainly Bob Mould though). John (bio77) was cool enough to PIF me not only one of the boards he designed and had fabbed, but the delay and clock chips as well. He's also been helping me diagnose what has turned out to be a dodgy FET in the gate section that keeps wanting to randomly get stuck closed (thanks again, John!). Anyway, this sounds seriously good and while not so far off from a CE-2, it has its own thing going for sure. The setting in the picture below sounds kind of creepy, for lack of a better word. I also really like that you can dial in the clock frequency yourself.

jimilee

Oh man, that's bad ass. Anything with a skull on it kicks ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

Yes it does! Forgot to mention that it's John's graphic, which he was kind enough to share. To me it has that '80s skateboarding vibe in a way.

blackhatboojum

Sweet!  I gotta admit, I'm a little jealous.  I too have been wanting to build a cs9.  I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a lot of pcbs available.  Excellent looking build!
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jessenator

Aww yeah. Killer build, man.

Is that a pink enclosure? My mobile screen is wiggin out. We need more pink. I've considered getting a second paranormal Tele in pink.
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

Bret608

Thanks, everybody! @jessenator--I believe Tayda is calling this color pastel violet. It's really close to the original CS-9 color as far as my eyes can tell.

@blackhatboojum, I know what you mean about there not being CS-9 PCBs out in the world as much as they should be. Check out deadendfx's Mangel Wurzel, though. It's based on the Ibanez RC-99. I probably would have built that had this PCB not come my way.

Bio77

That looks great, Bret!  8) Glad you got it going.

Bret608

Same here! Thanks again. I just tried with drive, by the way. You weren't kidding--the gate on this thing is fantastic.