News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Silver Pony v.1 error in my ways. Photos inc. Any clues? O

Started by Stonebandit, November 26, 2022, 12:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonebandit

I have a couple of old board Silver Pony v.1 boards, finally getting to stuck into them,
had to fully pull apart a whole board thru frustration.

No LED, no signal input/output continuity.

and I am having an issue trouble shooting.

Are the specific voltages I can check on the IC's to see if power section is running correctly?

Is there anyway to check if your charge pump 7440SCPA is working?

Will be able to post front and back images in 12 hours, in the morning.

I am currently going thru CodaEffects analysis to look for clues.

Thanks
long time member, first time post.
Wolf

jimilee

I totally understand your frustration. If you have a link to the schematic and pics when you can, including the off board wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

from the Wayback Machine:
Silver Pony r1.0 build instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5qnumqttmspxn9/silverponyinstructions.pdf?dl=0
Silver Pony r1.0 schematic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xlmyulczzsk6uk/silverponyschematic.pdf?dl=0

A brief glance shows the Silver Pony and Sunking rev3 label the ICs the same, so this might be a good jumping off point for voltages:
Pins IC1 IC2 IC3
1 4.45 4.52 8.88
2 4.47 4.47 4.55
3 3.43 4.46 0
4 0 -8.46 -4.15
5 4.45 4.45 -8.47
6 4.46 4.46 3.99
7 4.45 4.41 5.33
8 8.88 16.03 8.88
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

Stonebandit

Images finally.

Anyone see anything wrong? ( apart from more soldering practise needed) this was 3 years ago.

I've gotten new 7660SCPA's from verified source and also changed 2x TL072's into the mix as well. But not loaded in yet. Will come back with any changes in a couple of hours.

I really need to get these boards in enclosures, and sold,

I'd really like to come thru after a 4 year issue with funding a small store of old school pedal tribute custom builds that I would like to take to market.

Happy to send a small gift of some of the few rarer component parts as a thank you. I'll send a PM around at the end, so you can choose what may quench the thirst, encourage a special build.
What ever I can do to pass this sickness that we have.

Plus straight to top to the list of my small USA-headed Tour Pedal box.  (These ones work.!!!!)

Would really like your feedback on those when it comes time.

Nik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk