News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The "I used to love these guys" nostalgia thread

Started by jkokura, January 02, 2012, 07:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I was looking through some old albums, and I found my old Living Sacrifice collection. This is my favourite song off that album.

Does anyone remember how big ska was at one point? I loved Five Iron Frenzy quite a bit. Turns out they're gonna do some 'reunion' stuff now!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

LOL I've got that FIF cd along with some others and the Supertones.  Seen them all a few times when they were touring "back in the day"

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

enjoyadrian

for me it was incubus. I grew away from that sound in high school, but I really loved the use of guitar effects in most of the songs.

GermanCdn

Living Sacrifice, there's a blast from my high school past.  In the same vein (and genre, more or less), I recently rediscovered Bride's "Snakes in the Playground".  Great album.  Stuff since then, though, not so much.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aziltz

my guilty pleasure was Everclear, in high school.  I listened to much more interesting music before and after it but I have a special place in my heart for the uber-repetitive, over-produced, hook heaven that was/is Everclear.

Jack Deville

Logic.  And Cats.  And logical cats.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

I used to love Switchfoot.  Then I didn't really dig their later albums.  But now the latest album Vises Verses is pretty good.  There are a couple great tracks, Afterlife and Darkhorses.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aziltz

Quote from: gtr2 on January 12, 2012, 02:17:12 AM
I used to love Switchfoot.  Then I didn't really dig their later albums.  But now the latest album Vises Verses is pretty good.  There are a couple great tracks, Afterlife and Darkhorses.

Josh

interesting.  Ive really been into their last 3 or 4 albums.  I'll check out this new one.

Scruffie

Gettin' past the christian lyrics aspect, I did enjoy Five Iron Frenzy along with Reel big fish etc.

Incubus was a big one back in the day, strangely enough tied in with Slipknot... then there was all the Iron Maiden/Metallica etc.

I grew up in the 90s where gothy stuff like Evanescence and Manson were big, fond memories even if I now hate manson.

Then there was Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park, can't imagine myself listening to that now... probably for the best.
Works at Lectric-FX