News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Appreciation Post

Started by Thewintersoldier, April 25, 2022, 09:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I just wanted to show some appreciation to the work going on in these parts. I've seen more traffic the past 3 or 4 months and I love it. I've seen some old familiar face come back around and a lot of new faces as well (even if I know some of you from other places 🤣). I'm seeing a lot of killer build reports that are really inspiring. It's great to see Brian and other vendors putting out killer projects that aren't just low gain overdrives. I'm so happy to see this parts of the community spring back to life with some new blood. Seems like everyone is firing on all cylinders and it's really motivating and encouraging. Now, as you were.
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

harryklippton

Don't worry I'm about to blow the vibe with some basic ass fuzz builds 😘😉

Thewintersoldier

Oh come on Will, we all know you shot your load on the amp 😂.  Besides I know better, your past that beginner stuff, pedals with more than 3 knobs from here on out 👏👏👏
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Well played and I agree 100%
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

The forum has had a little extra life the last few weeks. I hope that continues. I know it's not as popular as the "new" social media engagement for newer/younger DIY'ers but places like DIYSB, FSB, mbp will have mountains of information readily available for decades to come. Try finding that on Instagram!

Now, get off my lawn.

Bio77

Agreed!  MBP is where you come for the deep cuts  8) 

Seriously though, when you have a real question and you need a better answer than "your chips are fake", this is the place.  Super stoked to have wondered in to such a great group of people. 

blackhatboojum

Well said and I agree 100%.  I'm new around these parts but, have definitely noticed the high quality of work that gets posted here.  Since joining this forum, I've spent many hours reading through old threads and build reports.  I've gained all kinds of knowledge and inspiration from everything that I've read.  The circuits are awesome, the build docs are on point, and the "In development" thread has me excited.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on April 26, 2022, 12:54:25 AM
The forum has had a little extra life the last few weeks. I hope that continues. I know it's not as popular as the "new" social media engagement for newer/younger DIY'ers but places like DIYSB, FSB, mbp will have mountains of information readily available for decades to come. Try finding that on Instagram!

Now, get off my lawn.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Quote from: madbean on April 26, 2022, 12:54:25 AM

Now, get off my lawn.

I'd love to see some "best of MBP forum" threads. Every once in a while, an internet search, link, or mention of something that happened here before my time comes up and I'm always amazed and inspired.

When I first came here, I saw diablochris's Belton modulation hack, which I just tried the other night. There's stuff like that that's beyond my limited scope of what I'd think was possible that's so inspiring.

jimilee

Lots of knowledge here. Before the crash, there was lots more.

thesmokingman

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 25, 2022, 09:35:04 PM
I just wanted to show some appreciation to the work going on in these parts. I've seen more traffic the past 3 or 4 months and I love it. I've seen some old familiar face come back around and a lot of new faces as well (even if I know some of you from other places 🤣). I'm seeing a lot of killer build reports that are really inspiring. It's great to see Brian and other vendors putting out killer projects that aren't just low gain overdrives. I'm so happy to see this parts of the community spring back to life with some new blood. Seems like everyone is firing on all cylinders and it's really motivating and encouraging. Now, as you were.
But this electra distortion has a tone control and diode switching! It totally changes the game!

If it weren't for the cool stuff available either through madbean or the affiliated vendors (or even various forum members) I'd have lost interest a long time ago.

once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX