News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gnaw-effectslayouts ache

Started by Thewintersoldier, April 16, 2022, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

A few months back I was musing with David of effectslayouts and said that I liked the idea of the EQD life pedal but felt there are a lot of useless features. He agreed. The clean boost was kinda pointless, most people have an OD on their board, and the clipping options could be simplified. And finally it was too damn big. He came up with this gem. 125b, 3 position clipping, and octave can be used independent of the distortion unlike a stock life pedal. His original life was titled pain so he named this ache, I named it gnaw as that's a synonym of ache. I ended up going with a black panther theme for gnaw. To represent the dual nature of the pedal I went with a split graphic of T'challa and Killmonger. This thing rips. I used a spdt on/on with LED and symmetrical clipping since I don't care for the diode lift on this circuit. If you want a non bloated small form factor life jump on this.

Who the hell is Bucky?

zombie_rock123

The colour coordination is just magnificent, artwork looks stunning as ever. And loving the Godzilla demo, nails the Fu Manchu sound!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

blackhatboojum

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on April 16, 2022, 06:26:09 PM
The colour coordination is just magnificent, artwork looks stunning as ever. And loving the Godzilla demo, nails the Fu Manchu sound!
Thanks, I put a lot of thought into this one. This pedal was made for total annihilation. You kick it on and stoner rock just oozes out. For reference, that was a Gibson SG into a fender blackface clean with 6L6s. Insane I can make that amp sound like that.
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

This is exactly what I said to Chris the other day when he sent me a clip of this pedal, that it sounded just like the Fu Manchu version of Godzilla

cooder

Amazeballs build and graphics just jump out! Very cool!
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Killer build! Sounds great.  You got the knob and graphic colors perfectly matched. 

Are those Italian diodes or Mexican?  ;D

Willybomb

Looks great.  Is that a Tayda UV print?

gordo

Rips to say the least.  How did you get the neon effect on the knobs.  Is that just camera angle?  Superb graphics.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Paradox916

This thing is awesome, turned out great man! and who doesn't love Godzilla!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewintersoldier

On builds where I match the knobs to the colors I use the eye dropper tool to get an exact match on the knobs.

Quote from: cooder on April 16, 2022, 07:39:43 PM
Amazeballs build and graphics just jump out! Very cool!
Thanks Stephan, not as impressive as making my own boards, hi praise coming from you.

Quote from: Bio77 on April 16, 2022, 09:14:40 PM
Killer build! Sounds great.  You got the knob and graphic colors perfectly matched. 

Are those Italian diodes or Mexican?  ;D
Thanks John, they were from an Italian living in Mexico lol

Quote from: Willybomb on April 16, 2022, 11:03:11 PM
Looks great.  Is that a Tayda UV print?

It is a tayda UV print, I think they have a better print than amplify fun. If you haven't seen my UV print tutorial it's super easy to do

Quote from: gordo on April 16, 2022, 11:08:05 PM
Rips to say the least.  How did you get the neon effect on the knobs.  Is that just camera angle?  Superb graphics.
Thanks Gordo, I use my diy light box and I edit the photos on my phone to get to least glare, shadows and make the image pop. Sometimes happy accidents like this happen.

Quote from: Paradox916 on April 16, 2022, 11:08:23 PM
This thing is awesome, turned out great man! and who doesn't love Godzilla!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There goes Tokyo! 😂
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

This is such an incredible build! Top shelf!!!!

nzCdog

Lovin these builds man. Very ceative artwork. Congrats 😊

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts