News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Looking for Krypton Phasor build docs

Started by CelestialSounds, December 04, 2021, 06:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelestialSounds

Hi

Just acquired a krypton phasor pcb and I have been searching for the BOM and pcb layout.
Could anyone share these with me please

Thanks in advance
Pete.

CelestialSounds

Thanks for that.  Just found the forum mu-tron ii thread as well so I should be able to interpret the krypton board.   

If anyone has the krypton build docs or the John Kallas version I would be really grateful

I normally etch my own boards so I am hoping to find a layout I can etch

Cheers

Betty Wont

As far as I know that's the only Krypton build doc. It is part for part. The only thing not on there is the bicolor rate/bypass led. I built a batch of 50 off of that sheet. I traced the back of the pcb for a drill template.

CelestialSounds

Cool,  many thanks.   I will run with that info. 

I've built a few vibes and phasers but only recently heard Tom Bukovac demo'ing the Mutron ii and loved the sound so much I need to build one

Cheers

Betty Wont

The Madbean Glasshole is an expanded version of the Mutron II. Also PedalPcb has a Mutron II that is the same basic layout as the Krypton but for 125b, as well as a twin Mutron II that is a no frills Bi-Phase. There are schematics in the build docs for those projects. It is my favorite phaser circuit.

CelestialSounds

Thanks again Betty Won't ,

I found build docs for two versions - the one in the original mutron ii thread here, and the pedal pcb version where I have bought the ready etched board.   I will etch my own board for the first and build the pedal pcb version and compare the two.  Will probably give one of them to the other guitarist in my band.    The glass hole looks really interesting too.   I still have to finish the phaser fleur I built a few years ago and never properly finished as I lost the build instructions and never calibrated it correctly.   

Two many phasers and not enough time......

I love the sound of the mutron phasing the most so far..

Pete.

CelestialSounds

Hi all,

hoping someone can help me out with one query about the Krypton phasor.....

I have it built and almost working fully - but not sure where to wire the "SW" pad on the pcb.
I am using a DPDT footswitch.
Thanks in advance.
Pete

CelestialSounds

After reading up a bit more I guess this pub was designed for a 3PDT switch and that the SW connection on the pcb needs to be worked to a lug on the three-way?

any advice?
Thanks.

Betty Wont

It is for switching the bypass led with a 3pdt footswitch.

CelestialSounds

presumably switchable to ground to connect the LED to -ve ?    is that the way ?

Betty Wont

That is the standard and I would assume that's it. I actually omitted the onboard led on my builds and left that pad empty but it would be super easy to test.