News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger 1.5 - Photocells in a post-2020 / post-SB world

Started by jessenator, March 18, 2022, 01:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Greetings.

Having looked up and down what's been posted on the forum, I couldn't really come up with a source that sells the two recommended cells anymore and wanted to pick the collective brains about this.

I can't find the NSL-7532 for sale at all, and got to poking around for a spec sheet. However, not being an EE, I can't translate what's going on with this factory sheet vs what suppliers currently have available. So if the answer is there, I'd love some help in that dept.

If there's a turnkey p/n that folks use now, that would also be most welcome.

So here's the table from the Silonex datasheet (7532 highlighted):

And here's what's available (just as an example) from one source that popped up while searching the original p/n. I selected the physical width (I think), but perhaps not the lead spacing (pitch?). I didn't get far with the p/n from the alternative photocell that SB once sold.

Thanks for the help/direction!
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

jessenator

Well, I've managed to find the hermetically sealed variant of the NSL-7532, the 7530 https://www.alliedelec.com/product/luna-optoelectronics/nsl-7530/70136804/

I guess, is this package version going to be sub-optimal in the HarbingerOneFive? In an older topic from 2015, there were other photocells referenced and a look back at the Wayback Machine page shows more numbers I can't find any listings of nowadays.

So if there's an operational reason to not go with that 7530 part, I think I'll go with the 9203 part, since I'll need it for my Glass Hole anyway.
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]