News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dragon Hound Question

Started by jimilee, November 06, 2021, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Is the LM308 side Like a rat without the clipping diodes and  the fat mod?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on November 06, 2021, 09:35:11 PM

It's "Ratish" but no clipping diodes and different tone control. It does have the Fat control- that's the dual 10kC pot.

Kinda like David S. Pumpkins - it's his own thing.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on November 06, 2021, 10:00:15 PM
Quote from: jimilee on November 06, 2021, 09:35:11 PM

It's "Ratish" but no clipping diodes and different tone control. It does have the Fat control- that's the dual 10kC pot.

Kinda like David S. Pumpkins - it's his own thing.
Bwahahahah. I saw there was a clean rat in the deucetone that, as I understand it, is just opamp clipping. The demo sounded cool, I was thinking about laying one out from a rat schematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

I had a ducetone for a few years and the Clean setting was a my favorite, followed by Vintage then, Turbo

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on November 07, 2021, 02:52:04 AM
I had a ducetone for a few years and the Clean setting was a my favorite, followed by Vintage then, Turbo
Nice, I have a sudden fascination with  the rat, that I can't explain. I bought Jack Orman's book and I'm also chasing down the fat gnat schematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk