News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion ODR-1 get one

Started by jimilee, July 18, 2021, 10:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Long winded explanation

So I listened to demos after Brian released his, and I wasn't blown away by it, but  it's been getting some word of mouth lately as the premier Mashvillw pedal.  Didn't want to spend the money on the Laureate and didn't want to spend the energy etching one.

When Aion had a sale, I picked it for 9 and change. Had free time, so I built it yesterday, but was still unimpressed. I rocked it through my Scarlett unit and reference speakers Meh. Boxed it and plugged into a proper amp today. Wow, it's a great sounding over drive. Get one with the plate from Brian, it's worth the extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Very cool, need to build me one too then me thinks...
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Very nice! I built one of the aion 1590 builds a long time ago. Great sounding pedal and that bass control is so worth it.

madbean

Yeah it has a lot of charm. Even through my vintage Champ!

Bio77

Great build Jimi!

I have built this pedal at least six times.  I like it with half as many diodes in the hard clipping section, really opens it up.  I use one with a clean blend set up as my main bass distortion.

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on July 19, 2021, 06:00:22 PM
Great build Jimi!

I have built this pedal at least six times.  I like it with half as many diodes in the hard clipping section, really opens it up.  I use one with a clean blend set up as my main bass distortion.
Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.