Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ChaosAgent and Fireaxe builds

Started by gordo, April 27, 2021, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Oh yeah, fantastic phaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: gordo on May 15, 2021, 12:18:49 AM
I'm getting better at getting things to line up.  wintersoldier inspired me to box up my Blood Stone and I must admit, I really like this phaser so glad I got it finished.

This is a shot at doing the outline of characters with the laser but I think it ends up looking too fuzzy.  Still, I'm making progress so no complaints.  I need to figure out how to output these files to G-code, which is what the engraver speaks.  There are tutorials out there for Inkscape and I'm hoping to use Affinity Designer as well but need to sit my butt down and figure out how it works.

Anyway, this was sprayed with translucent blue over a 1590BB enclosure and then etched and has a light backfill of white acrylic (that ended up hanging on to the blue parts for dear life and was a pain to get removed).  I'm thinking plain old craft paints would be a better choice.

I inspired someone, my job is done! I can hang it up now, its all down hill from here! lol Looks great Gordo!
Who the hell is Bucky?

peccary

Those look awesome, great work all around!