News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Barry’s best hookup wire finally in stock.

Started by jimilee, May 01, 2021, 09:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Barry finally has some of his hookup wire in stock. I love this stuff. Bonded and flexible. I'd grab some while it's in stock. I got 2 each of 4 different colors (my builds are color coded).  Guitarpcb.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Drew Hallenbeck

Have you tried any of the pre-bond wire from BLMS? I haven't yet but I really want to. I'm so tired of tinning the ends of my wires before soldering them onto the boards/components. I know you don't always "need" to but I'm pretty anal about it. I haven't tried Barry's stuff either. Seems like it's out of stock a lot. And if I remember right, it's not available in very long lengths...... BLMS have 500 and 1,000 foot spools!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on May 01, 2021, 10:14:32 PM
Have you tried any of the pre-bond wire from BLMS? I haven't yet but I really want to. I'm so tired of tinning the ends of my wires before soldering them onto the boards/components. I know you don't always "need" to but I'm pretty anal about it. I haven't tried Barry's stuff either. Seems like it's out of stock a lot. And if I remember right, it's not available in very long lengths...... BLMS have 500 and 1,000 foot spools!
I'm with you, I don't like it either. Barry's isn't like that, that's what I like about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

I got some of the black wire since small bear is always out of it

jimilee

Quote from: harryklippton on May 02, 2021, 01:37:24 AM

Barry is usually out of it too. I got black, red, yellow and green. I use green for in and yellow for out. Mainly because that's how my test rig is set up, been that way for almost 10 years. I don't know why.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on May 02, 2021, 03:06:38 AM
Quote from: harryklippton on May 02, 2021, 01:37:24 AM

Barry is usually out of it too. I got black, red, yellow and green. I use green for in and yellow for out. Mainly because that's how my test rig is set up, been that way for almost 10 years. I don't know why.
Thanks for the heads up. I got me some