News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

No input signal on 2019 green bean

Started by Duckhead, April 04, 2021, 08:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckhead

I'm receiving an output signal, however I am not receiving any input. See the picture attached. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jimilee

The first question I have is, do you have it hooked up correctly. The way it sits now, the left is the input and the right is the out put. You'd be surprised how common that is for those of us who have been at this for some time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Your wiring appears to be correct but your lead dress could use some improvement. I suggest cleaning that up first, and also check to make sure none of the solder points on the 3pdt are touching one another.
Next you should verify you are getting proper voltage on the IC.

jimilee

Also, you have no solder on one of your spdt switch lugs.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Duckhead on April 04, 2021, 08:50:12 AM
I'm receiving an output signal, however I am not receiving any input.

Huh?? Do you mean you are getting a CLEAN/BYPASS output but, no Output through the circuit?

Duckhead

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 05, 2021, 01:25:05 PM
Quote from: Duckhead on April 04, 2021, 08:50:12 AM
I'm receiving an output signal, however I am not receiving any input.

Huh?? Do you mean you are getting a CLEAN/BYPASS output but, no Output through the circuit?

Sorry not very used to this forum style so apologies if my formatting is wrong. When I move the knobs and activate the pedal, I notice changes in the sound going into my amp. This is just the signal from the pedal. There is no signal from the guitar or any effects before it in the signal chain whether or not it is bypassed. Hope that makes sense.

matmosphere

If you look at the sticky post in this section and follow those instructions, especially about reading voltages, then it might be easier to help diagnose what's up.

I'll echo some of what was said before. Make sure you have the in plugged into the guitar and the out to the amp. It will pass clean signal fine in bypass if they are backwards, but do something similar to what you describe when switched on. .

Try reflowing the solder joints and make sure there are no solder bridges. To me it looks like you may have missed one side of D5, but it could be the pic and wouldn't cause the problems you are having.

Does the effects LED switch on and off?

matmosphere

Oh wait, I didn't realize this was in general questions. Look at the sticky in the tech help projects page

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on April 04, 2021, 12:59:23 PM
The first question I have is, do you have it hooked up correctly. The way it sits now, the left is the input and the right is the out put. You'd be surprised how common that is for those of us who have been at this for some time now.

Guilty at least 3 times per pedal if I'm not thinking or I miss plugging, powering on something. XD

Definitely shorten those points of contact with the wires, you have so much bare exposed you're going to have a short, check your solder joints as it appears you missed at least one and clip anything that's sticking out past the solder joint more than 1-2mm.

Also like others have said, check the voltages, but it's possible you have something touching and grounding or shorting everything out.