News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Simple A/B box and 2x10 cab

Started by redkurn, March 06, 2021, 04:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

Wish Brian had these in a pcb format, but part of the fun of DIY is making it all yourself.
Took some old speakers and cut the box down to only keep the 10's and added a switch that goes between 1 speaker (8 ohms) and series 2 speakers (16 ohms).
It's kind of crude and ugly looking, but I'll cover it later. :D

Then a 3D printed box with A/B switching to switch between my Mackie mixer and focusrite 4i4 at my amp input.
I couldn't think of a better way to route my guitar from my mixer to the focusrite and back to the amp when I wanted to monitor what I was doing on my pc while keeping the audio separate, yet available at any moment I felt like practicing or playing rocksmith.
It's complicated and crude, but meh. It made me happier. XD

The tape is there while the wood glue cures and seeping out caulking will be cleaned away later, it's closed, but sounds really good set at 16 ohms.
One speaker had a tear and the other a small spot beginning to tear, super glue cured that issue rather easily.

gordo

And photo-bombed by the cat!!  Well done.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

redkurn

Yea she made sure to get herself in there. XD
Cool thing I realized about my little switch box is it's bidirectional. That's pretty useful and cool.

I want to build one with a opamp, but for what I needed it wasn't necessary since one output with one at a time input, this is basically like a cable extension.