News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Triton - Dirty Little Secret MKIII Super Bass/Lead Switches

Started by Bio77, January 01, 2021, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I am working on this circuit.  I wanted to jump both the gain and the tone switches so that it is only in the Super Lead mode.  I'm not 100% which is which from the schematic.  I was hoping someone could take a look and let me know if I've got it right. I'm guessing that having both switches in the A1, B1 position will be the Super Lead. 

A second opinion would be greatly appreciated  8)

https://aionfx.com/app/files/docs/triton_mkiii_documentation.pdf

mauman

According to a poster who checked the schematic against the original amps, there's a clue in the tone stack.  The combo of 33k and 470p (R17/C17) is found in the Super Lead tone stack, while the Super Bass has 56k and 270p (R16/C16).  So for the Tone switch, jumper A2-A3 (R17) and B2-B3 (C17) for a full-time Super Lead. 

The Gain switch might work in the same direction for SL/SB, but I'm not sure.  If there's no definitive reply on that one soon I'll see if I can figure it out.   

<EDIT>  Gain switch A2-A3 (C6, no C5) and B2-B3 (no R3 or C3) gives you +16dB of gain and sets the low-end rolloff at 175 Hz.  Gain switch A2-A1 and B2-B1 moves the rolloff down to 4 Hz and has a +6 dB hump from 10Hz to 30 Hz.  First one sounds more like a lead amp profile and second one sounds more like bass, I'd say.  Mike

Bio77