Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flush cutter recommendations needed

Started by Thewintersoldier, November 24, 2020, 11:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on November 28, 2020, 02:08:34 AM
Attached, as I said, no markings
Real tools. Straight up wire cutters. I used something like that for about 8 years also. I bought more but I haven't used them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

Those are nice beefy, they look like they'd stand up to heavy use.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Thewintersoldier

Thought I would give an update. I got the aven cutters and they are great. They align perfect, cut very fine wire and are plenty hard. They also come with a molded cover to protect the cutting tip. Very comfortable as well. Let's see how long they hold up, but I suspect quite a long time.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

shedland

Quote from: alanp on November 27, 2020, 02:58:09 PM
I wish I knew what brand my sidecutters are. I'm serious here. There is no branding, whatsoever, at all on them. Not imprinted on the metal, not dyed into the handles, nothing. And they're one of the toughest tools I have, have taken more than a decade of abuse, and are still really sharp.

Alanp those cutters look like the ones Dick Smith used to sell in a set for about five dollars, it also had some other tools like a socket set pliers and tweezers in it. You're right about them though, sharp and very durable, I've had mine for roughly fifteen years.

Bio77

Those look awesome, Chris.   8) 

I went with the Knipex,  after this thread.  They are also nice, but the tip is less flat than the Hakko ones I have.  I scratched the PCB, first time I used them.