News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Old pedals, new labels

Started by harryklippton, December 18, 2020, 06:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

I built these last year, but they never had labels. All three are BYOC kits that I had bought a few years prior. I'm not a fan of the label stock I used. It's thick and hard to get real smooth. I used envirotex on the red llama, and the pledge floor polish mentioned on this board on the other two.

gordo

Nicely done.  Funny that the fuzz face is so iconic that there's no mistaking it for us pedal geeks.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

Quote from: gordo on December 18, 2020, 08:43:10 PM
Nicely done.  Funny that the fuzz face is so iconic that there's no mistaking it for us pedal geeks.

I feel a little guilty using that graphic because it's so obvious but I wanted it to be instantly distinguishable from its friends. When I had initially built them without labels, I was constantly taking the backs off to see which was which.

matmosphere

Nice! And good follow through. I have pedals that have been bare for years that are still waiting for artwork. Through a random knob on some, just so I can tell them apart.

harryklippton

It was easy to find the motivation to do the decals for these since I like to fill up a whole page before printing them, and I'm still trying to get better with inkscape.