Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

uproar "riot"

Started by gtangas, March 28, 2013, 01:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

hi

Finish my uproar!

I think it was the most complicated build i have built! Not due to build problems but for the modifications that I add to make!

Change the diodes until i get some different voices
Used the tone mod
Tried the presence but it was to subtle. so I tried the midrange boost and... nice!
I think that gives a extra 2 voices to this pedal!

Use some vinyl sticker (laser printed) from staples, spray clear coat and voila!

I like the uproar... lots of gain!

Some photos!

guts:

diodes:

Enclosure 125b (bought from tayda... very nice quality for the price)

not very happy with my wiring but working on improving it!  ;D

Thx
Sérgio

jprizz

Nice touch with your graphics, quite fitting. Don't worry about your wiring, it looks fine and only gets better as you build more. There I just gave you an excuse to build more!

Stomptown

Quote from: jprizz on March 28, 2013, 02:25:45 AM
Nice touch with your graphics, quite fitting. Don't worry about your wiring, it looks fine and only gets better as you build more. There I just gave you an excuse to build more!

Great looking build! I love the name and matching graphics...

I would have to agree. If it works as expected I would leave it. I messed up a couple boards trying to redo the wiring and wish I would have left them alone. It's pretty hard to keep it clean without board mounted pots anyway...

Edit: In the future you may consider buying small zip ties to clean things up a bit. I love using them myself.  First I wire up all of my jacks (and battery snap) to the 3pdt inside the enclosure. Then I wire up my pots and all other wires to the pcb. If you make the input/output/ground/9V wires extra long you can zip tie them down the middle of the enclosure between the 1/4" jacks and cut them to size before soldering them to the 3pdt...

nzCdog

Man, those graphics are great! Nice work

jimilee

Digging the graphics, and yeah, if it works, don't touch nothing. Make it up on the next one. I recently went back and did some resoldering on my first madbean build because it developed a problem, what a nightmare that was. Looked like I wired it with my eyes closed.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gtangas

This build I put the pots, the board, then hook up the power and led, the jacks with the wires already solder and then footswitch with the board Connections. It was more simple that way.

I make all the graphics with photoshop, the problem is to get right with the alignment hehhe

The guys from staples forgotten to take out the "fit to page" so when I arrive at home and match the size.... Hehehe OMG

Luckly there are so many projects to build lol...

Marv Mod

Nice use of the Paramore cover! Great work! And yeah, the wiring will improve over time, if it works, who cares?!

fish22

Really cool build!
Love the graphics!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

gtangas

thx guys!

and again thx Brian to give us all these fine projects!