News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Guess what I got to do yesterday...

Started by JakeFuzz, December 04, 2011, 08:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

A friend of mine works as a recording engineer at a local studio and needed someone to play Hendrix-esque licks for a JFK library video. I brought in my warhead, screwdriver, fuzz face and wah and I my playing gets to be in the short film!

Even better check out where I did it and what I did it through...

View from the recording room, anything outside look familiar?

Looking from the control booth into the rec room

And we recorded using this Matchless. Guess who's? Hint: he sort of dresses like Hendrix and is pretty androgynous... oh yeah and he loves purple  ;D

dwstanford

That's cool.  I'm guessing the amp either belongs to Prince or Grimace.   ;D

JakeFuzz

Yep, I guess Prince is friends with the studio owner and used to record here quite a bit. I don't know the whole story behind the amp but it is definitely a custom job; weird tone controls are rotary switches instead of pots. The inside is all PTP with a ton of bulbs all over the place. Sounds very DC-30-ish very very cool. If I can get the clips after they have been edited and mixed down I'll see if I can't link to them somehow.

jkokura

Quote from: dwstanford on December 04, 2011, 08:46:44 PM
That's cool.  I'm guessing the amp either belongs to Prince or Grimace.   ;D

My vote is for Grimace.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

TheCobbenator

Lmao @ Grimace. I needed that!

That's awesome, Paul! Congrats!

I'm excited about getting my screwdriver together. Thanks again fr the help!

nzCdog

JakeFuzz

Haha, I can just see grimace with a strat and a paisley headband rocking out.

I cant wait to see what this video looks like. Its going to be one of those documentary type films with unlicensed music in the background... probably going to be cheesy but it will be fun to hear little clips of me playing machine gun licks in the distance.

Micpoc

Did you manage to get any gut shots of that REDDI Tube Direct Box?  ;)

lincolnic

dwstanford

Quote from: Grigori on December 05, 2011, 03:00:05 AM
Did you manage to get any gut shots of that REDDI Tube Direct Box?  ;)

I wouldn't do that.  I think it belongs to Mayor McCheese.  (or possibly Sammy Hagar)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Did you get to play that awesome RE-501 Chorus Space Echo box!? MM I'd me one of those or an earlier model..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on December 05, 2011, 05:36:02 PM
Did you get to play that awesome RE-501 Chorus Space Echo box!? MM I'd me one of those or an earlier model..

Nah I wish I could have played with more stuff. This studio had surprisingly less guitar oriented stuff than the studios I usually go to. I saw that RE-501 though. Looks wild. We were mainly recording drum tracks for my friends sisters album, I was sitting in the corner dying to try out that Matchless with all my pedals and strat in hand, I was peaking at the inside through the input jacks. If I go back I'll see if I cant try out some of the other gear they have, they have a billion rackmount compressors, some of them tube  8)

Haberdasher

very cool Paul, sounds like a neat experience
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS