News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sagan Delay v2.1

Started by Bio77, November 29, 2020, 12:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Wow, this thing is awesome!  I've had the boards in my stash for awhile and I'm kicking myself for not building this sooner.  It's going on my board for sure.  I chose to make it in a 1590XX.  I'm a drinker and I figured I'd step on those toggles at some point if I built it in a BB  ::)  I also wanted to add a soft touch for the bypass, so, the extra room made that easier.

I didn't check the drill template from the Carcharias build doc against the graphics I downloaded for the old project.  I would recommend doing that to anyone that wants to build this.  My drill template was a bit off on the 1,2,3 toggles, it might have happened when I tweaked the graphic, not sure.   It took cutting the toggle lugs in half to get the board in there. 

After polishing the enclosure and a couple of tries/fails to get the no-film waterslide all lined up and baked on, I wiped aluminum chips across the face after drilling and scratched it  :-\  Actually can't see it when its on the floor, so, not so bad.

Gut shot

Bottom board and soft touch switch wiring.  I socketed the LED, ignore the green LED in the picture, it doesn't work. 

Thewintersoldier

This is bad ass John! Another epic build. The enclosure is flawless and the board and wiring are really top notch. Damn this is good, really raising the bar.
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

What an incredible build, inside and out!  That enclosure is stellar (unintentional pun...)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

I love it when I see these in the wild! Great job. I forgot I made a graphic for the XX enclosure, and you did a great job tweaking it. I am a big fan of the font you used. Glad to hear that you dig it.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Bio77

Thanks Chris and Gordo! Trying to keep up  8)

Quote from: diablochris6 on November 29, 2020, 12:38:56 AM
I love it when I see these in the wild! Great job. I forgot I made a graphic for the XX enclosure, and you did a great job tweaking it. I am a big fan of the font you used. Glad to hear that you dig it.
Thanks for this DChris!  Really such a great project, I super dig it.  I haven't even tried the FX loop yet and I'm in love. The font is called PBIO, it's the Roland Juno font, you can find it free online.  Only Gordo has the OG Boss pedal font  ::), I got this on as a close second.

cooder

Epic and it pops of the screen! What a great build, congrats!
BigNoise Amplification

danfrank

Super nice graphics!
I love the layout/spacing with the 1590XX enclosure. The BB layout is a bit too compact.
Nice job!

LaceSensor

Looks 100% like a pro products

Invertiguy

That looks incredible! Your graphics look amazing, as always! Think I'll take a page out of your book and put mine in a 1590XX whenever I get around to finally building mine, the 1590BB layout puts the footswitches way too close to the knobs for my big booted feet and it looks more natural in the 1590XX anyway. Great work!
Doomsday Devices

Boba7

Absolutely stunning build. The enclosure size is just perfect, it looks great!
Amazing work, congratulations!

MTK

That's excellent. Super clean work on the graphic.

gordo

Oh man, I'll check but I think the Boss font was actually just a cleaned up image...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: gordo on November 29, 2020, 02:47:09 PM
Oh man, I'll check but I think the Boss font was actually just a cleaned up image...
You are right, your post reminded me.   8)