News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flunkee no output.

Started by HunkFunkPedals, November 03, 2020, 10:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunkFunkPedals

I've tested the ICs and I'm getting the right voltage. Tested for input/output continuity and it all checked out. Led lights up.

No sound....Ive been staring at the build for a day and a half and I think maybe if some other people take a look something else might come up.

HunkFunkPedals

rockola

Quote from: HunkFunkPedals on November 03, 2020, 10:15:44 PM
Here is the underside
Looks like there might be a solder bridge between R2 and the resistor next to it.

HunkFunkPedals

I went through all the joints and I couldnt find any shorts.

I guess its time to test every component.....

madbean

You don't need to test every component. You only need to audio probe different output points on the circuit to see where the signal is lost.
In order:
In pad
IC1 - pin1
IC2 - pin9
IC2 - pin8
Out pad.

Bio77

Maybe post a pic of your foot switch, too?  Also, check the continuity of the lugs in each position.  I've overheated one of the lugs before and only lost continuity at that lug, which took awhile to figure out. Bypass worked, LED worked, but no way to get signal through the circuit.

HunkFunkPedals

I'm not even getting pass through sound...

Bio77

Not getting pass through signal means a wiring/switch problem.  Post a zoom out pic of the wiring.  Also, check the continuity of the switch lugs.  If you aren't familiar with how the 3PDT works, check out Madbean's tutorial, it's great.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/index.html 

HunkFunkPedals

I'm using the jacks that came with the fx-25...I've never used ones like this before. I believe they are wired correctly but maybe I've botched this....

jimilee

I usually insert a cable into the input jack and use my DMM in continuity mode to see which lug is ground and which lug is tip. I can look at it and tell, but I'm lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Looks like the flat spot on the jack is ground (I'm assuming).  But for your input and output wires you have chosen the tip connection on one of the jacks and the sleeve connection on the other jack.  You should be connected to the same one on both.  Good deal, easy fix.

HunkFunkPedals

*SOLVED*

My mind always goes to the worst case scenario when I troubleshoot, thanks for everyone's help....it was indeed the input jack...lol.