News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Wavelord!

Started by jjjimi84, August 31, 2020, 01:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Holy balls, this thing is amazing! Has anyone else been completely knocked out by this pedal?

Brian you hit it out of the park! I ordered the glasshole just to do the tap tempo link (and because I love Phasers).

Really great job, if anyone is on the fence get it, it is a new staple for me.

zgrav

I built the Glasshole first because I was waiting for the taptempo chip to arrive.  Got the chip and built the Wavelord.  Both pedals are very nice on their own, and really interesting to link together.  A great combination.

gordo

Is the tap tempo chip available anywhere?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

tcpoint

The wavelord is outstanding.  So is the glasshole.  My daughter's boyfriend stole borrowed mine.  I just downloaded the hexfile and programmed the pic.

Haberdasher

BTW, there is a way to program the 16F1824 chip to a TAPLFO3 chip using a pickit2 if you jump through a couple of hoops.  I've done it (on a PC).  Well, actually the software says it was flashed successfully, but I haven't tested yet.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jjjimi84

Quote from: gordo on August 31, 2020, 07:15:49 PM

I ordered mine in May from Banzai and just got it last Friday.

Bio77

I saw some on Electric Druid's site today.

TeleCrunch

FYI that I ordered my TapLFOs from Electric Druid July 14 and they are still stuck in some postal limbo on the U.S. side. Tom has been great in responding to my inquiries and is confident that the shipments will arrive - just REALLY delayed. In fact it hasn't even been scanned here yet for tracking purposes.

Before Covid I always received parcels from him quickly, so it's definitely the current situation.

Sure, UPS is doing just f-i-i-i-i-ne >:(
No Squid Pro Quo

gordo

Holy crap, I wasn't aware that the hex was available. Well I'm gonna have to rethink this now.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

somnif

Quote from: gordo on August 31, 2020, 07:15:49 PM

If you have a PICK-IT or similar device, you could burn your own. The TAPLFO asm and hex files are available on ElectricDruid's site, you'd just need to lay hands on the PIC16F684 chips.

TAPLFO3: https://www.electricdruid.net/code/TAPLFO3C.ASM

TAPLFO2: https://www.electricdruid.net/code/TAPLFO2D.ASM

edit: and once again I notice I'm replying to something like 5 replies late. Curse my brain for opening taps and forgetting about them for so long!

Haberdasher

If you're going to flash your own chip, make sure you buy the right one.  The TAPLFO3 goes on PIC16F1824.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS