News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sprout in a 1590a

Started by chromesphere, November 27, 2011, 03:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keysandguitars

From what I know, it depends on the powder. Read this link and maybe check with the manufacturer. http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=35945
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

chromesphere

YES!  Thats what i was just reading!  Sorry, should have googled first and asked later. 

Well...i might just chuck it in and see what happens, i doubt it would do any harm...?  (enclosures catches fire)  :)

I'll update what happens.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

chromesphere

cranked up the oven to 200 degrees (celius obviously).  The coating did not reflow.  Infact, i didnt even soften at all.  I rubbed the back of a flathead screw driving on it with a bit of force, as soon as i got it out of the oven, and watched in astonishment as it didnt even leave a scratch.  Bad luck for my sprout, it remains bumpy, but a testament to the durable of powder coating!
Paul

shawnee

Maybe you could wet sand it down to 1000 grit and buff it while you have it apart. Just don't get too much off or you will ruin the graphic.

chromesphere

Hi Shawnee,
The test was done on the backplate, if that worked i was going to dissemble.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I think ill leave it the way it is.  I'll cry if i damage it :(
Paul