News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spring Reverb Pedal

Started by SilverSurfer, May 01, 2020, 02:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSurfer

I am trying to build a pedal to use with my spring reverb tank.  Any suggestions on a build and schematic?

Thanks

matmosphere

Welcome to the forum.

There was a project called the surfy bear a while back that people seemed to like. Don't know if they still sell boards now though.

mjg

I've just finished one, if you are interested I can clean up the schematic and pass it on, and I actually have some boards left over.  I wasn't going to offer them for sale as I thought it was a pretty niche PCB, but if you want one I'm sure we can work something out. 

WormBoy

This will depend a lot on what exact reverb tank you have lying around, especially the input/output impedance. Some tanks are meant to be included in tube circuits (with a transformer), and others are meant to be driven directly by opamps. Mixing that up will lead to drama  8).

mjg

I'd also recommend reading over this site, if you haven't found it already:

https://sound-au.com/articles/reverb.htm

It goes into details, like WormBoy says, about tanks and impedances, etc.  Has schematics too.  Well worth the time to read it all. 

I'm attaching a schematic, but depending on your tank it will need values adjusted.  The tank driver and recovery are based heavily on the info on the site linked above.   It needs +/- 15v power, which I had on a different board, so the power supply isn't in this schematic.

jubal81

Really impressive design, mjg.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair