News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Off Board Wiring for Abominable Electronics DIY sets?

Started by trailer, April 03, 2020, 06:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Hey all! Long time no post. With the ol plague outside I've had time to get back into building pedals. I have a handful of PCBs from Abominable that I don't understand the off board wiring for. See the two pics attached. Anybody here have suggestions they are willing to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanp

You may have to email Abominable, since pad labels like RI, RO, and the like are not helpful, to me at least.

Their website says they email buyers a zip file containing documents?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

trailer

To clarify further, the dude from abominable is no help here. He stayed up front he wouldn't offer help at all and I confirmed this with him directly a few days ago.

alanp

The page on his site says he'll email a zip containing, among other things, a wiring diagram. Did he send you the wiring diagram?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

trailer

Quote from: alanp on April 03, 2020, 06:54:51 PM
The page on his site says he'll email a zip containing, among other things, a wiring diagram. Did he send you the wiring diagram?

Did not. I purchased my boards in an old sale not listed on the site anymore. In that sale he made it clear he would not offer help or diagrams. Everyone who builds effects from PCBs were like "no big deal, I can off board wire." Here we are though.

He probably added the "wiring diagrams" after people complained about the weird pad labels/wiring and parts completely missing off the BOMs.

It's been a year since he started selling these PCBs so you'd think there'd be some info out there but I've been scouring the web all day looking for anything and it's still pretty scarce.

madbean

Well that's lame.

If you have a continuity checker you should be able to suss out the connections.

jimilee

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2020, 06:29:34 PM
Hey all! Long time no post. With the ol plague outside I've had time to get back into building pedals. I have a handful of PCBs from Abominable that I don't understand the off board wiring for. See the two pics attached. Anybody here have suggestions they are willing to share?

Ignore the "R" you have Ground In Out LED . I don't know about the ones not labeled.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Aentons

This one didn't show upon Google Images search, but it did show up in the Reverb completed listings

Abominable Electronics Cenote 2016 https://reverb.com/item/19949111-abominable-electronics-cenote-2016?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=19949111

Aentons

rockola

I would say RI = Reverb (=board/circuit) In, RO = Reverb Out, GO, GI, G3 = ground pads.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on April 04, 2020, 03:08:57 PM
The Cenote is stereo R=right L=left
Nope, it's a double effect with two footswitches, reverb and fuzz

Checkout the pics from the reverb links above

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on April 04, 2020, 04:03:36 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 04, 2020, 03:08:57 PM
The Cenote is stereo R=right L=left
Nope, it's a double effect with two footswitches, reverb and fuzz

Checkout the pics from the reverb links above
Ohhh right effect and left effect. Makes sense.