News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Circuit Analysis for a Dummy...

Started by spy590, November 11, 2011, 09:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spy590

Not too long ago, I jumped into BYOC type kit builds to gain some basic electronics knowledge. The intent was to eventually start doing some tube amp mods and building, but I'm hooked on the pedals now! I have some boards from both Brian and Haberdasher (awesome customer service) on the way for my first Madbean builds, which I am looking forward to.

In my quest to learn this stuff, I found this article on Beavis that basically did an analysis/walk-through of a booster.

http://beavisaudio.com/techpages/HIW/hiw1.gif

It was very helpful in understanding how the input signal is actually routed and changed as it passed through the circuit. I learned quite a bit from this, and I'm curious as to know if any other walk-throughs like this are out there. I'm totally comfortable with the solder-by-numbers approach, but I'm a nerd at heart and I truly enjoy "understanding" what I am building.

Great forum by the way....

spy590

Nice! I'll go ahead and say this before anyone else does...the search feature is my friend;) Keep 'em comin!

spy590

Guitar Master

I am almost completly new at this thing. So pardon my beginner questions, but what do you do with all the ground things in this diagram, does it go directly to the negative part of the power supply?

Thanks

shawnee

Yes. The center of the DC jack will be negative as well as the case (if it is a metal box), the jacks, at least one place on the PCB and a few spots on the switch when the pedal is finished.

TNblueshawk

Some like to star groung if the hole is big enough, say the sleeve of the input jack. I can comfortably get 3 wires in there, 4 with a good stuff job
John