News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reliable (and decently priced) sources??

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, May 26, 2019, 06:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Looking for suggestions on reliable and decently priced sources for the following:

1) MN3207s and MN3102s
2) 2M Dark LDRs

Yes.. I know about smallbear for the BBDs. And, I know about Futurlec however, I want to get the LDRs earlier than 3-4 months! Hoping for some good eBay possibilities.

Thanks in advance  ;D

somnif

cabintech usually has the coolaudio re-issue of the 3207 (v3207) for 4.40$/unit and 3102 for 2.77$/unit (with bulk discounts on each).

But.... out of stock at the moment on the bbd.

And digikey appears to have the same 60k/2M LDR smallbear sells - https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/advanced-photonix/PDV-P8104/PDV-P8104-ND/480611

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: somnif on May 26, 2019, 07:39:57 PM
cabintech usually has the coolaudio re-issue of the 3207 (v3207) for 4.40$/unit and 3102 for 2.77$/unit (with bulk discounts on each).

But.... out of stock at the moment on the bbd.

And digikey appears to have the same 60k/2M LDR smallbear sells - https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/advanced-photonix/PDV-P8104/PDV-P8104-ND/480611

Cabintech seems suspect to me. Last I looked at their eBay shop... they closed down  :-\

I will look into DigiKey for the LDRs though. Thanks!

somnif

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 26, 2019, 08:17:43 PM
Cabintech seems suspect to me. Last I looked at their eBay shop... they closed down  :-\

I will look into DigiKey for the LDRs though. Thanks!

I bought a pair of 3005's from cabintech without issue (cheaper than smallbear at the time). Dataset of 1, admittedly.

They have a Reverb store up, too, though prices are a few bucks higher there for some reason (presumably to cover reverbs cut?).

DLW

Cabintech is not sketchy at all. I buy BBDs, companders, and xvive vactrols from them all the time. Reliable product, lowest prices, cheap shipping (in the US). Customer service is also good. I have received personal emails when product is backordered, and the ETA for restock was accurate.

I've purchased a bunch of MN3007/3101 and MN3004 from utsource. They all tested fine and performed well in circuits. The LM3080s that I also bought from them were spotty, however. I actually just placed another order last night for some BBDs.

I tried BBDs on eBay one time. They were duds. I was offered a refund without needing to send the product back to China, so it wasn't really any loss. I suppose you could order from several different vendors, keep the ones that work, and request refunds for the junk.

gtr2

Cabintech is legit and a solid company.  Good communication as well.  I've bought a ton from them.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Willybomb

Cabintech's postage to Australia looks pretty good for the most basic USPS shipping.