News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Dragon

Started by jjjimi84, February 28, 2019, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Total stock build but a sweet dragon painted on there. Love this pedal it just does so much with very few controls.

tcpoint

Nice build.  It is a sweet pedal.  It can really shape your tone.

fair.child

What pedal is on the back? The handpainting job is awesome! I can see how hard you try to draw that dragon. It's very nice!

jjjimi84

Quote from: fair.child on February 28, 2019, 09:49:20 PM
What pedal is on the back? The handpainting job is awesome! I can see how hard you try to draw that dragon. It's very nice!

PedalPCB Chop Shop

Or the PedalPCB Eternal Burst

I painted a lot this week.

fair.child

You should try to do with Film Free Decal

madbean

I mean...I truly love these, but I feel like the Dragon might should have been....

nzCdog

Love dem paintjobs man... I'd have 'em on the board even if it was just to look at 8)

Leevibe

Quote from: madbean on March 01, 2019, 04:15:24 AM
I mean...I truly love these, but I feel like the Dragon might should have been....

I said consummate V's!!!

alanp

Sorry, Brian, but your dragon is inferior. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/AnneMcCaffrey_AllTheWeyrsOfPern.jpg

jjjimi84, verry nice artwork! Can you get a notch effect going with the HPF/LPF controls? :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

thomasha

Love the paint jobs! Must be a lot of work!

pickdropper

Nope, too much peasant burnination.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

Well that settles it, I will just have to build another one.

Quote from: alanp on March 01, 2019, 06:13:52 AM
Sorry, Brian, but your dragon is inferior. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/AnneMcCaffrey_AllTheWeyrsOfPern.jpg

jjjimi84, verry nice artwork! Can you get a notch effect going with the HPF/LPF controls? :)

You can, I find that for just great od sounds and pushing an amp you use the hpf to cut some woofiness and then the lpf to cut some ear splitting highs. If you start moving the controls more towards the switch (hpf between 2 oclock and 5 oclock and LPF between 7 oclock and 11 oclock) it gets really pokey in the mid range. It is really versatile and is like a overdrive without character but does everything you need. Without character meaning its not like the flabulache which is tweedy deluxe flavor, this is transparent.... whatever that means.

Quote from: thomasha on March 01, 2019, 08:47:06 AM
Love the paint jobs! Must be a lot of work!

Thank you, as I paint more I am trying to take on more challenging things and make it more detailed. I wanna start airbrushing backgrounds and putting cartoons on top of them. I am lucky that I have some downtime at work to do a little painting.

madbean

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 01, 2019, 02:11:12 PM

Well that settles it, I will just have to build another one.

You snooze, you etc.

jjjimi84

A fuzz factory! hats off sir.

gordo

I really like my Dragon, but admittedly it's missing the hand painted touch.  I'm always impressed with your artwork and this looks VERY cool.

Like you said, it's a great OD in that it has no personality.  It also has ridiculous amounts of gain and volume on tap along with all the EQ hocus-pocus.  And quiet to boot!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?