News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Egodriver, Aristocrat, King of klones plus others

Started by tagwap, October 05, 2011, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tagwap

Hi All,

I'm new to this. I built my first pedal back in July. Started with a BYOC TS808 then built a BYOC tremolo, then a SHO on Vero, then a BYOC chorus, then I found madbean!!!! BRILLIANT!!! What an awesome site and brian offers such a great range of product at very reasonable price. Thanks to all at this site for all your kind patient advice and help since i've been here. My madbean builds so far include the egodriver, aristocrat and the king of klones. (i've just ordered a zombii and a krankosaurus from haberdasher.) Looking forward to the new build coming up and will definitely be trying some of them out.

Here we go!

KING OF KLONES:

This painting by Van Gogh in one of my favourites and i can imagine sitting outside here on a warm summer evening playing some mellow blues! The led is yellowy orange and when it's on it looks like a lamp or candle on the table.

Egodriver:

I play in a Christian Rock band as well as leading the worship in my church so i thought it'd be cool to theme it thus!!
gutshot:

Aristocrat:

Instead of using the dipswitches inside I took a switch to the outside from them to allow for both clipping options and the clean boost without having to open it up each time. Super versatile and awesome pedal.

Sho boost: (not mad bean but in case you're interested.)

Called the 'lenka boost' after my wife! made a little cartoon of her up on my iphone. Might seem a bit lame but she likes it anyway!!

BYOC chorus:

Tried painting with masking tape. Cool mustang theme!

My current pedalboard (which is always changing thanks to madbean!)

Made it myself based upon the pedaltrain junior. Very pleased with the end result.

Thanks again for all the help and advice around here. Sorry there's not more gutshots. (I couldn't be bothered to open them all up, but to be honest my wiring isn't the neatest and it's not something i get too bothered over as i don't have any cause to open them once they're built!)

Comments appreciated. Have a great day.  ;)

raulduke

Nice builds mate, you have a nice collection going considering you started in July, good stuff!

Pedal building is very addictive is it not?  :)

mgwhit

gtr2

Excellent work there!

I really like the king of klones and the ego driver!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Ooh you got some good stuff here! I really like the decals on a few of them.
BYOC is where I started too, with the EA tremolo. I don't think your wiring looks too bad, just plan a little bit and I'm sure you can find a way to make it very visually pleasing! \
Keep em coming!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Haberdasher

Alright man!  Another good builder around here!  I like your graphics a lot.
Looking forward to seeing more in the future.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

snz728

Good work very neat I wish someone would play an ego driver in my church instead of the out of tune 12string when the organist isn't there. ::)

rullywowr

Great tidy builds!  Awesome job.  Are those clear knobs on the ego driver the led knobs?  How do you like?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

TheCobbenator

Dude! Good job! I really like the egodriver w/scripture. Epic

nzCdog

tagwap

Thanks for all the kind feedback guys.

The knobs on the egodriver are just clear with no leds in or under them.

I really enjoy making the artwork up for these designs. I had no real previous experience of using photo editing software and I found a great online programme that you don't even need to download. Go to pixlr.com to try it out. I take a photo of my drilled closure and put it on there and then layer onto it see through so I can see all the drilled holes. When it's complete I just get rid of the bottom layer and size it to print to fit the pedal.

If anyone would like me to do some artwork for them i'd be happy to have a go if you give me the size of enclosure and a theme you'd like.