News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hero Drive

Started by jkokura, January 27, 2012, 10:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

This is not a pedal I designed. It is a slightly modified clone of a famous pedal that rhymes with Jim.

I had the PCB manufactured. It turned out really well, tight layout that's really easy to work with. 1n4148's are in there, simply because I use 1n34a's in almost everything else I use so I wanted something different. Finish didn't come out perfect, so I'm glad this will never go on the market. However, the custom colour from PPP is unreal. It's the black undercoat with a green firemist sparkle... crazy cool. Also, 1590Q's rock.

And the Guts.

Hope you've enjoyed!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Great layout!  I'm drooling...  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sgmezei

That looks awesome Jacob! Nice Pcb! Really clean looking layout.

jkokura

Thanks guys. I think it came out really well

Before I get inundated with any more requests, sorry I don't have any more PCBs to share. I appreciate that this is one many would like, but I would like to respect Paul Cochrane's wishes and not produce any PCBs for others. The schem is available, I encourage anyone who would like a PCB to try, cause this circuit is great.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

nzCdog

Dang!  Love the finish!
You need to start making pedals in transparent enclosures, the guts is always my favourite part of your builds ;)

LaceSensor

Pcb is killer. Any spares?  ;D

Loztboy

Roctopus

This is so cool! Will we get a demo soon? :)

madbean

Awesome work inside and out!

jkokura

Sure! I can work on getting demo done of it and the pedal board I have it on now. Hero Drive > Whetstone > Tremolo > El Capistan.

Thanks guys, I'm really pleased at how clean that one came out.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

bigmufffuzzwizz

MMM..that is a tasty looking pedal, your layout is soo clean!!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

yerbouti

Hi Jacob,

Fantastic job. What font are you using for 'hero drive'? It looks very cool. Did you mount the pcb one way or another. It almost looks like it's floating.

- John

jkokura

Quote from: yerbouti on February 02, 2012, 07:58:43 AM
What font are you using for 'hero drive'? It looks very cool. Did you mount the pcb one way or another. It almost looks like it's floating.

Thanks very much guys!

The font is called Brush Script. I believe it's a standard font found in many stock computer setups.

As for the PCB, it's mounted via PCB mount pots. It does look like it's floating doesn't it!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

raulduke

Really clean build mate. Lovely PCB design too  :)