News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Magic Sounds

Started by TNblueshawk, September 26, 2011, 02:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

I saw where Bean said other builds are welcome so here is my latest. It is a circuit from Barry over at guitarpcb. A 3 in one pedal if you will. I think a dude was selling this board in the BST lounge here a few weeks back. Running all 3 together will melt your face, which may be your thing  :) .

It is a boost, with a fuzz into an OD and everything in between. Had a bitch of a time getting one of them to fire up so I popped open a great beer to celebrate when I did get it working...great if you like a lot of hops and high alcohol content  ;D .

John

jkokura

Wow! That's a super interesting layout. He packed a tonne into a straight line across that PCB. There's so much empty room on there! Neat and weird simultaneously.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

TNblueshawk

It really made for an easy build and troubleshooting with a probe. My crummy soldering skills on that kind of board was the issue. Takes a different technique.
John

jkokura

Also, that's my favorite Santana album. Great cover art. I'm impressed with the job you did finishing the enclosure. Care to share some details?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome!! Let the face-melting commence!! That decal/finish looks super smooth. That album is also my favorite one, it's always in the stack sitting on my record player.
And a good beer indeed! I never see those in California but when I was in Oregon they are everywhere including gas stations! That thing is so freakin resiny.
Always great to celebrate after an accomplishment!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TNblueshawk

Glad to hear from a couple of Santana fans...the early years which are far and away the best! And thanks BMFW.

Decal wise, I took the image off Google images, popped it into Pixelmator (I have a Mac) and worked on it. I used an ink jet water slide decal and had to use a white backing due to the dark color of the paint. I like clear a lot better for hiding the edge, but oh well. Printed that puppy up, put some microsol around the holes on top and the edge of the decal to try to melt that in as best as I could. For the clear coat, I got tired of screwing up the lacquer process so I switched over a few months ago to an epoxy, Envirotex Lite. There is a learning curve with it, but for me anyway, it is much more predictable and a lot thicker coating than lacquer. And you can never go wrong with the wet look  ;) .
John

gtr2

Nice finish.  Really cool!  I agree that is an odd pcb layout.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

druz15

cool layout, looks like a lot of room which is good, and easy to do a tidy build with, which you have done a superb job of

TNblueshawk

Thanks for the props guys. I truly appreciate it.
John