News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody played the new Fender Pedals?

Started by blearyeyes, March 01, 2018, 07:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Looks like Fender did it's homework on their new line of pedals. Has anyone had first hand experience with them? Great demos online.

movinginslomo

Andy (now with reverb.com) did a review of the.. reverb lol and it sounded great but some commenter went off on how it's basically a sound overused by Praise and Worship bands and he hated it. I like the shimmery stuff and have never honestly listened to a P+W band or recordings so I dunno. The comment put me off though. "It's that stupid praise and worship sound"

gordo

Ouch.  There is definitely a P&W "sound" that gets over used but "stupid" is not the phrase I use to describe it.  Any more than I'd call the typical Nashville sound "stupid".  It is what it is.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

HamSandwich

Quote from: movinginslomo on March 02, 2018, 05:15:50 PM
Andy (now with reverb.com) did a review of the.. reverb lol and it sounded great but some commenter went off on how it's basically a sound overused by Praise and Worship bands and he hated it. I like the shimmery stuff and have never honestly listened to a P+W band or recordings so I dunno. The comment put me off though. "It's that stupid praise and worship sound"

Unforuantely comment sections on music sites have also been infiltrated with the garbage that plagues most websites. Seems like those commenters are getting more and more popular blog and news entries. It's a sad, anonymous world. I used to get angry when I read blatently false or unjust comments. Now it's just sad.

flanagan0718

Quote from: HamSandwich on March 03, 2018, 01:03:06 AM
Quote from: movinginslomo on March 02, 2018, 05:15:50 PM

Unforuantely comment sections on music sites have also been infiltrated with the garbage that plagues most websites. Seems like those commenters are getting more and more popular blog and news entries. It's a sad, anonymous world. I used to get angry when I read blatently false or unjust comments. Now it's just sad.

Well I've got a whole pocket of I don't give a $€#% about what some Millennial thinks about the pedal (yes I am a millennial myself). I care what the pedal sounds like. I saw them online the other day and they look cool. And that's impressive, especially for Fender (I joke). I'll have to give Andy's video a watch. He always has great reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somnif

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 03, 2018, 03:00:27 AM
Well I've got a whole pocket of I don't give a $€#% about what some Millennial thinks about the pedal (yes I am a millennial myself). I care what the pedal sounds like. I saw them online the other day and they look cool. And that's impressive, especially for Fender (I joke). I'll have to give Andy's video a watch. He always has great reviews.

I remember giving them a look when they were first announced. Nothing particularly special jumped out at me, other than thinking the battery holster was ridiculously breakable looking.

somnif

Here is Andy's vid:

The shimmer verb flavor and 3 knob control scheme (plus level) makes me wonder if its got an FV-1 under the hood, or if they're using a different DSP chip for it. Same question I had for the delay box in this line.

tone seeker

The shimmer effect, reminds me a lot of one of the settings on the Supernatural
Pedal. Which I have and love. I keep it set on spring and plate reverb, which really
Helps emulate that springy sound. I don't here this on the Fender. Just seems
Like another flavor of reverb out there.

flanagan0718

It probably has an FV1. Which sux. I hate that stupid chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk