News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

freekout ring mod acting up

Started by mikef, February 11, 2018, 08:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikef

Hullo all! I have had a mad-bean freekouton the ol' pedal-board for the last year and have had no problems.
Yesterday, I  noticed a super high pitch frequency bleeding out of the amp. Sure enough, it is coming out of the ring mod. it is noticeable even when the   bypass switch is engaged, 'eeeeeeeeeehhhh-ing away in the signal chain. I thought I might have kicked or stomped the ol' box to hard, so I popped her off the board, opened the back and tried to adjust the trimmer pot that I thought I may have some how jiggered. It was not that. component gone bad? What say ye brethren of the soldering gun?

Scruffie

Does the pitch change with the frequency knob? If not, charge pump.
Works at Lectric-FX

mikef

Scruffie,
Thanks tor the help!
Turning the shift knob, I can hear the freq. in bypass mode, on the counter clock wise rotation/of the shift nob, its not as noticeable, i am guessing because the pitch of the frequency is low, but if you rotate it over to the clockwise position it is obvious.

mikef

I am running a one spot for power. 18v 100ma, if that helps.

Scruffie

Okay so it's your 3083 (or whatever the chip number is) how is your wiring in the box? It's not very scientific but try moving any wires near that section of the box.
Works at Lectric-FX