News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

555 Timer Momentary Soft Touch Relay Bypass circuit Troubleshooting

Started by senoravocado, February 08, 2018, 06:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

senoravocado

Hey guys,

I had a quick question on what might be causing my current issue with my pedal build.

I built two of these layouts from the perfboard layouts website to put in a dual overdrive build that I was working on.

It is the 555 Timer Momentary Soft Touch Relay Bypass circuit. When I tested them individually, they worked great, I was able to get the LED to turn on and change the state of the relay with the momentary switch. The issue I have now though is when I connect the ground and power of the 2 individual circuits and power them from the same power supply. If I want to try and run both effects at the same time in series, I cannot get both LEDs to stay on. For example, if the switch is engaged for Effect #1 and has the indicator LED on, when I go to turn on Effect # 2, it will turn off the LED for Effect #1 and then illuminate the LED for Effect #2. Right now it is functioning more like channel select switchs which is cool, but not what I am trying to achieve with this build. It is almost like the two circuits are somehow interfering with each other.

I am not sure if there is a way to better isolate the 2 circuits to prevent the cross talk or what other steps can be taken to resolve the issue

I hope that makes sense and I am hoping to tap into your brains to see If I can fix it!

Thanks!