News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Truck question

Started by alanp, October 12, 2017, 07:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Okay, so the War Rig has two supercharged engines, with two sets of through-hood dealies drinking air for the engine, presumably at a fast rate indeed.

But, on the above picture, there's a drum on the left side of the picture (right side of the Rig), that the plan view calls an "Air Filter". Where does the air this thing filters go?

Also, what kind of air filter would there be on the through-hood supercharger air intakes? I can't imagine that the mechanic would just let all the sand and dirt and shit go straight through the carburettors into the engines.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

Maybe its the cabin air filter, keeping the AC nice and dust free

kgull

Maybe there is a second, smaller engine under the hood driving the supercharger? :o

timbo_93631

I don't watch TV or movies very often so I am on pretty shaky ground here, but searching the Internet I have found that truck appears to be something from Mad Max.  It also appears that there are a few different engine configurations for that particular vehicle, I believe one of them might involve twin superchargers and twin turbo chargers making it a quad charged machine that makes you feel awesome when you drive it and scary too.  That must be the air filter canister for the turbos. It seems to be the polar opposite of a Prius, in fact I would like to see it run over many many many Priusii; however, that might cause an ecological disaster with all of the leaking battery fluids pouring out on the ground. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

EBRAddict

Quote from: timbo_93631 on October 12, 2017, 02:31:56 PM
Iin fact I would like to see it run over many many many Priusii; however, that might cause an ecological disaster with all of the leaking battery fluids pouring out on the ground.

Hear hear. The ecological disaster already happened before the accident. With all the strip mining of lithium ores, the large amounts of fossil fuels and toxic chemicals used for the lithium leaching process, groundwater contamination, destruction of delicate ecosystems, etc. I understand driving a Prius to save gas, but it is not environmentally friendly by any stretch of the imagination.

thesmokingman

on a normal tractor (yes, it is a tractor) that filter would be the air intake filter for the turbo diesel engine. I'm not even going to pretend to dissect the functionality of all this diesel punk mad max stuff because Hollywood.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Philthy

is one of you guys going to do a group buy on the pcb for this? ;)

matmosphere

Clearly it's just to make it look cool.

I suspect that since everything is so modified on the truck that it might actually be the fuel tank.