News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NVPD New Vintage Pedal Day

Started by flanagan0718, October 10, 2017, 03:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

So, I got a text from a random number on Friday. I had pictures of an old Ibanez CS-9. They said it doesn't pass effected signal but the light comes on and bypasses fine. $20 if you want it. I asked who it was and it was the manager from Guitar Center. I forgot I gave him my number. I Said I'd take it, thinking I'd just gut it and either throw another Chorus PCB in it or strip the enclosure and part out the PCB or repair it if possible. I got it home and noticed the DC jack was loose and opened the pedal up. couldn't find anything glaring. So i tightened the PCB (a single screw holds it in place) then put it back together and VOILA! it worked totally fine! So I got a Vintage Ibanez CS-9 for $21.24 (taxes were $1.25). Well worth it even though i'm not a huge Chorus fan.

Pretty cool Huh?
-Mike-

peAk

Nice score!

you never struck me as a glam rocker, but I aint here to judge  ;)

peAk

DP

jimilee

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: peAk on October 10, 2017, 03:24:22 PM
Quote from: peAk on October 10, 2017, 03:23:22 PM
Nice score!

you never struck me as a glam (cock) rocker, but I aint here to judge  ;)

I do like some of it but haha! Just not big on playing it.

brianq41369

Just looking at it, seems it was in regular rotation at sometime? I do remember these, mid 80's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flanagan0718

Quote from: brianq41369 on October 10, 2017, 05:02:11 PM
Just looking at it, seems it was in regular rotation at sometime? I do remember these, mid 80's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah it's beat up, Sounds cool though.

Leevibe

Score.

Nicely relic'd the old fashioned way

Govmnt_Lacky

Did you check both outputs?

Definitely a nice score indeed! At worst, you can double your money by selling it again  ;)

Bret608

Excellent score indeed! I always thought this was one of the best-sounding among the '80s chorus pedals, even edging out the CE-2 slightly. Bob Mould used one with an MXR Distortion + in Husker Du, hence my paying attention to it in the first place. I should have grabbed one of diablochris' fabbed boards when he did that run last winter...

flanagan0718

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 10, 2017, 05:38:20 PM
Did you check both outputs?

Definitely a nice score indeed! At worst, you can double your money by selling it again  ;)

probably should check the stereo out. I thought about it. These are going for $90ish on reverb. Might not be a bad turn around haha!.