News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Tool Day

Started by pickdropper, September 23, 2017, 05:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Got a couple of new tools this week.

The first is a new set of wire strippers.  For years, I've used the Ideal Stripmaster, which has served me well.  But it doesn't have a wire stop for setting length and it can't strip ribbon cable.  I had a chance to try the Phoneix Contact Wirefox and it seems really nice, so I grabbed one:

I also finally found a good price on a single blade tip for my Metcal soldering iron.  I've long wanted one of these for desoldering pots, but the price scared me off (They are over $80 per tip).  I found a new one on eBay for $20 and grabbed it.  It's one of those things that's really handy to have when you want it.

I also found somebody selling a whole bunch of Metcal tweezer tips for significantly discounted pricing, so I grabbed a couple sets of tweezer tips and dual blades in 40mm, 50mm, 60mm and 70mm.  I should be set for years now.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

Missed the opportunity for a subject of "New Strippers!" Dave. lol

I'll have to look these up, I am always in to new tools that make my life easier.

Cody

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 24, 2017, 09:23:35 PM
Missed the opportunity for a subject of "New Strippers!" Dave. lol

I'll have to look these up, I am always in to new tools that make my life easier.

Cody

Yeah, I did miss an opportunity there.

FWIW, Arrow has them cheapest, plus they have really good coupons from time to time.  They just had a 50 off of 150 with free shipping deal, which was fantastic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper