Quote from: 287m on September 23, 2017, 12:26:41 PM
why not just use perf/vero cut
just give hole for space
ex
normal 1/4W, give 2 hole, bend
1/8W, give 1 hole, bend

OOT
for me, the art is doing perfboard with bend shape leg resistor. Hahaha

I thought about doing this last night. I have tons of vero scraps kicking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davent

I have a couple different sizes to cover components up to a 2w resister size so be sure you're ordering the right.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Haberdasher

I have one of those red ones pictured on the previous page.  Even the skinniest space makes 1/4w resistor bends too wide for 99% of the pedal projects you find, so for my purposes it's utterly useless most of the time.
I made my own by notching out a popsicle stick, and so it was the correct width.  But the body of the resistor doesn't drop down into the center of the stick, so it will never bend the neat shoulders the red one can do.  I ended up tossing it because it's less of a hassle to just bend them by hand.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

I bends. If it don't fits, I bends again. No plastic gizmo req'd.

EBK

Quote from: madbean on September 24, 2017, 03:45:06 PM
I bends. If it don't fits, I bends again. No plastic gizmo req'd.

[clip of person using all their strength to try to bend resistor leads]

[Commercial voice]: You bend, and you bend, but still it doesn't fit!

[cut to clip of hands trying repeatedly to a jam badly pretzel-shaped resistor into a PCB]

[cut to wide shot of person throwing bent resistor in disgust and wiping sweat from forehead]

[Commercial voice]: There's got to be a better way!

[person looks at camera and nods with an exhausted look on face]

[Commercial voice]:  Now there is!

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

davent

For my usual pcb spacing resistor leads get bent over at the body.  The bend-spacers are great for doing vero or my eyelet boards for tube projects.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?