News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave dweller and gcfx p-lfo issue

Started by Philthy, June 29, 2017, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philthy

Just added a p-lfo to my cave dweller and it significantly reduced the maximum delay time down to something just above slap back levels.

Is this normal and what can I do to increase delay time with the p-lfo?

Cheers

Philthy

So I spent an hour or so today trying a few different Rs across tabs 1 and 3 of the cave dweller delay pot and also across the LDR on the p-lfo  in an attempt to increase the delay time . I had a few different values from 1 ohm up to 1 meg on hand and nothing made a difference.

Appreciate any advice on this. With the delay pot nearly CCW if have a chorus pedal and full CW I have modulated slapback :o

Jean-Rock

Have you tried to attach L1 to PIN 1 of the delay pot?
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

Philthy

yep, ttied that

I'm going to try and attach the p-lfo in series to the pot rather than in parallel when i get a chance - will have to remove one or two wires from the pot daughter board to do so

cajone5

Quote from: Philthy on July 03, 2017, 03:51:21 AM
yep, ttied that

I'm going to try and attach the p-lfo in series to the pot rather than in parallel when i get a chance - will have to remove one or two wires from the pot daughter board to do so

I think that's the way it's supposed to be attached (in series). That way it modifies by adding/subtracting a small resistance instead of
Throwing a small resistance in parallel which would basically bypass (for the most part) the larger resistance of the delay time pot.

I think this ought to fix your issue.